At Relay For Life of East Shore teams camp out overnight and take turns walking or running around our track at Cerrito Vista Park to raise funds for the fighting against cancer. East Shore Relay is 24 hours long, and because cancer never sleeps, each team is asked to have at least one participant on the track at all times. The event is an opportunity for our community to honor cancer survivors, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against a disease that has already taken too much. You can volunteer to help plan the event, to help with day of logistics for the event, to be an entertainer at the event, or you can talk to our Event Lead and see what other unique opportunities we have based on your interest and availability. Relay For Life's volunteer-driven model help make it the most successful fundraising event in the world. Even if you aren't a night owl, there's a place for you at Relay For Life of East Shore.
Each person who shares the Relay For Life experience can take pride in knowing that they are working to creat a world where cancer will no longer threaten our loved ones. Volunteering for Relay For Life of East Shoe honors survivors, caregiversm and those lost to cancer. You get to support and work with our local community, build friendships, learn new skills, and have a lot of fun knowing you are making a difference. You can volunteer by yourself, or get a group of family and friends to make a different together.
- Relay For Life Event Leadership Team members help plan and promote the event. They ensure everything is organized, from recruiting and motivating teams and sponsors to planning day-of-event ceremonies.
- Day-of-event volunteers help with logistics, information, and many other information activities.
- Relay Entertainers will perform during the event to keep the energy up and creating at fun atmosphere.
- Event Design & Planning
- Food & Beverage Services
- Event Planning / Management
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment