We are looking for a group of 10-15 people to train as our specialized Customer Service Team for our signature fundraising events: Walk to Cure Diabetes, Revolution Ride to Defeat Diabetes, and Rockin’ for Research Gala. This team will be thoroughly trained for the roles of Pledge Team and Cash-out Team, and will be the front line contact with event participants and guests, providing excellent customer service.
Lisa Mitchell, Coordinator- Volunteer and Event Logistics
- Process participant pledge forms at Walk and Ride
- Facilitate cash-out process at Gala
- Provide excellent customer service to event participants and guests
- Complete associated paperwork with each role
- Enter data into our Auction database system
Ability to commit to at least (2) ofthe below events:
- TELUS Walk to Cure Diabetes- Sunday, June 11, 2017
Vancouver- Stanley Park
Fraser Valley- Mill Lake Park, Abbotsford
- Revolution Ride to Defeat Diabetes- Friday, October 13, 2017
- Rockin’ for Research Gala- Saturday, October 21, 2017
- You are accountable to all JDRF staff and volunteers.
- You must maintain strict privacy and confidentiality of all personal information belonging to donors, volunteers, and staff that you encounter during your volunteer experience.
- Due to training investment, please make sure you are able to commit to at least (2) of the above events.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Customer service experience
- Fluent in English
- Comfortable using computers
- Strong troubleshooting skills
Desired Candidate Traits:
- An interest in the not-for-profit sector
- Experience volunteering in other non-profit organizations’ office and/or events
- Administrative or office experience
Mandatory Training will be provided at the end of May. Exact date to be determined.
- Gain professional work experience in a non-profit environment
- Put your skills to great use in meaningful projects
- Support a worthy cause, help find a cure for type 1 diabetes, and make a difference
- Have JDRF as a reference after the candidate has volunteered an adequate amount of time into his/her role
If you are interested in volunteering for this position, please submit your resume to Lisa Mitchell at
firstname.lastname@example.org, by Friday, April 21, 2017. Only qualified candidates will be contacted
- Data Entry
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Able to commit to at least 2 of the listed events