Each year, approximately 1,500 domestic violence victims are murdered. These women, children, and babies become our Angels. Each year, BTS hosts an Angel Run to honor the memories of these precious lives and to create a legacy that will help save the lives of others.
- Bring a large and diverse audience of over 1,000 runners worldwide face-to-face with the harsh realities of domestic violence.
- Allow us to equip each runner with Angel stories that can be shared with neighbors, co-workers, and social media followers to help as many people as possible to recognize the warning signs of a violent relationship.
- Call attention to and eliminate the unfair judgment carried by family members of domestic violence murder victims.
- Help family members break through their shame and share their stories, many for the first time.
- Raise funds to support our Angel Scholarship Program and award over $10,000 in academic scholarships, provide a free Angel Families Retreat, and adopt all of 2017 Angel Babies for our Holidays of Hope Program.
- Encourage runners and walkers to adopt a healthy lifestyle both mentally and physically by "going the distance" this July.
We are seeking on site event Volunteers to help out throughout the day. We are looking for onsite event volunteers to greet runners for our Angel Run, provide water, greet guests, and help with the set up and take down of the event. If you think this sounds like you and you want to help us honor the memories of those who have lost their lives to Domestic Violence, then we invite you to apply! Please include a short description of yourself and your availability on the day and we will get in contact with you :)
We are going to be needing Volunteers throughout the entire event so please know not all event volunteers will be able to participate in the run.
If you are interested in Running in the event, or would like more information on BTS and the Angel Run, please visit out website:
Angel Run Fundraiser Event Details:
Saturday, June 23, 2018
Location: America the Beautiful Park, Colorado Springs
8:00am Registration + Check in Opens
9:00am 5k Begins
9:30am - 12:00pm Family Festival