When: 8am to 10am every Friday (come once or every Friday morning)
Where: Meet at the River Park Office-12108 Industry Road, Lakeside CA 92040
What: Join the River Park’s staff as you will go into various parts of the San Diego Riverbed looking for trash, graffiti illegal camping and other undesirable activities.
River Trekkers have special permission to hike in sensitive areas of the San Diego Riverbed, a biological corridor between Santee border to Channel Road in Lakeside and a large culvert that drains into the river. The largest threat to this area is illegal lodging. The group will go to pre-determined check points to take notes, make maps, take photos of the health of the riverbed. The path with range from easy trail-like surfaces to trail blazing over steep and un-even terrain. This is a great opportunity to see areas not often visited. Light trash removal out of the riverbed is expected.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Possess the physical ability to hike outdoors in various weather condition and on natural terrain. The terrain in some areas would be considered moderately strenuous and some parts of the trail have substantial vegetation.
- Carry a cell pone.
- Attend occasional clean-up events, meetings and trainings.
- Must wear hiking boots and long pants to participate. Hats and sunscreen highly recommended.
- Must bring 32oz of water.
- Must complete and submit a wavier of liability.
Court-ordered and Community Service volunteers are welcome to participate to fulfill their service requirement.
Lakeside’s River Park Conservancy is a non-profit organization founded in 2001 dedicated to preserving and restoring the biological integrity and beauty of the San Diego River while integrating recreational, educational and cultural opportunities to the community.
- Outdoor Recreation
- Habitat Restoration
- Environmental Science
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 2 to 3 hours once a week
- Possess the physical ability to hike outdoors in various weather conditions and on sloped terrain.
- Community Service & Court...
- Attention Girl Scouts! Learn...
- Need to volunteer to pay a court...
- Group and Family-Friendly Projects
- Board of Directors Membership...
- Attention San Diego TEENS!
- Love to talk? Love the...
- Community Service? No problem...
- Do you have a passion for...
- Learn about California Native...
- Do you want to become a River...
- Hate weeds? Love native plants?...
- River Park Outreach Ambassadors
- Community Service
- Are your creative, out-going and...