Are you wanting to make a difference in someone's life? At New Century Hospice we do just that in communities all over Marble Falls, Burnet County - all the way up to Llano and Kingsland and outlying areas.
Who our patients are: Individuals who have a life expectancy of 6 months or less - given their illness takes its natural progression, along their loved ones.
How does New Century make a difference? As a team (including volunteers), we start walking side by side with these individuals and their loved ones.... while providing comfort care from 3 different perspectives: emotional, spiritual, and physical.
How volunteers specifically fit in: Volunteers are friendly visitors who go in without an agenda to visit and/or may provide a break for a caregiver.
A little about our volunteers:
- Do not provide any medical support like feeding, giving medicines, transferring
- Do not need previous experience in the medical field or in volunteering
- Do choose how often and where they want to volunteer
- Once matched with a patient volunteers are also matched with the hospice care team that also takes care of that patient and their loved ones
- Come with diverse backgrounds. This includes age, work, families, thoughts, life styles, and where they live.
- Complete our team!
- People Skills
- Music Therapy
- Bereavement Support
- Relationship Building
- Home Repair
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 hours minimum per month
- TB test