Duckling Day is the most adorable Mother's Day tradition in Boston - and YOU can be part of our volunteer team!
A beloved tradition for more than 30 years, Duckling Day celebrates the children’s classic book, "Make Way for Ducklings" by Robert McCloskey. Every year, over 1,000 people meet up and parade through Boston’s most picturesque parks, dressed like characters from the story. Led by the Harvard Marching Band, the parade will begin on the Boston Common at the Parkman Bandstand and end in the Public Garden near the famous Make Way for Ducklings sculptures. Bring your camera - the parade is possibly the most adorable thing you’ll ever see! The event is a benefit for the nonprofit Friends of the Public Garden.
AT THIS POINT, OUR MAIN VOLUNTEER NEEDS ARE IN OUR FIRST SHIFT, WHICH IS FROM 7:30 AM to 11:00 AM.
There's lots of fun tasks - in addition to setting up the space, the biggest is check-in/registration and being on the welcome patrol. There's other jobs dealing with line management at our massage and facepainting stations. There's really lots of fun jobs, so one I know your time preference I'll mark that down, and then I'll work with you to find a volunteer role that suits your interests!
About the event:
- Duckling Day: May 13th, 2018 (Mother’s Day)
- Hosted by The Friends of the Public Garden
- Volunteer shifts: 7:30 - 11:00 AM or 9:30 AM - 1:30 PM (NOTE: OUR BIGGEST NEEDS ARE IN THE FIRST SHIFT)
- Parkman Bandstand, Boston Common (MBTA Park Street or Boylston)
- More info: http://friendsofthepublicgarden.org/events/ducklingday/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Outdoor Recreation
- Child Care
- Literacy / Reading
- Event Management
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- 3.5 to 4 hours
- kid-friendly attitude is a must!