Volunteer Communication Officer at Nuestros Pequenos Hermanos
14 people are interested
Have you worked in or studied journalism, communication, graphic design, photography, creative writing, videography, or international studies? Are you passionate about improving the lives of vulnerable children? Interested in living and volunteering in Latin America?
Combine your skills and passions as a Volunteer Communication Officer with Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos! Communication Officers (CO) at NPH provide essential services in fulfilling our mission of nurturing orphaned, abandoned and vulnerable child in a loving secure family environment.
Our Communication Officers provide the public, NPH International and the network of global fundraising offices with information.
Responsibilities include (and may vary per home):
- Develop articles for NPH and NPH fundraiser websites. Communication Officers are given guidelines about content.
- Photograph events and special occasions at the home, like holidays, graduations, Visitor Days, and Holy Sacraments like First Communion and Confirmation.
- Support the godparent program by taking yearly photos of all children, as well as new children as they arrive at the home.
- Respond to fundraisers’ requests for information.
- Manage the home’s NPH Wiki space.
- Manage context for the home’s Facebook page/s.
- Write annual reports, bi-annual statistics, directory updates and calendar entries.
- 21 years or older.
- Fluent in English and proficient in spoken Spanish/or Creole.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Well organized, with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Knowledge of social media and experience with blogging.
- Experience in journalism and photography skills are desirable.
Benefits and costs:
- Volunteers receive room and board, a small stipend and access to limited health care.
- NPH USA pays for health insurance that covers volunteers while they are abroad.
- Volunteers must pay for their transportation to and from the country where they will serve, as well as any pre-trip expenses like vaccines and language school (if needed).
About NPH USA International Volunteer Program
134 N LaSalle St, Suite 500, Chicago, IL 60602, US
NPH USA transforms the lives of orphaned, abandoned and disadvantaged children with homes, healthcare and educational programs, making a positive impact in Latin America and the Caribbean. We support Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos (NPH, Spanish for "Our Little Brothers and Sisters"), which is currently raising more than 3,400 boys and girls in Bolivia, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua and Peru. An additional 1,600 students who live outside the homes receive scholarships, meals and health care. NPH outreach programs served thousands of people each year.
Our International Volunteer Program sends qualified individuals, married couples and families to serve for a year in any of the 9 NPH homes. Volunteers hold a job, and spend time with the children. Volunteers live in community with other international volunteers from around the world.
NPH provides volunteers with room and board, a small stipend, and access to limited health care. NPH USA pays a portion of volunteers' health insurance. Volunteers pay for their transportation to and from the country where they will serve.
Start dates are mid January and early July. For a July start date, applications are due by January 1. For a January start, applications are due July 1. We often have openings after the application deadline, so please apply even if the deadline has passed
We'll work with your schedule.
Calle Nacional 44Col. Sta. Maria AhuacatitlanCuernavaca, Mexico
- Graphic Design
- Hatian / Creole
- Video Production
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Must be at least 21
- At least 12 months, some NPH homes require 13 mo.