Love to work with old school equipment? Old-school Shipboard Electricians we need you! We have a vounteer Electrician oportunity aboard a historic ship, the SS Red Oak Victory in the Richmond shipyard!
We have a need for qualified electricians experienced with AC, DC, armored cable, terminal tubes / stuffing glands and other vintage shipboard equipment. We are also looking for people who have experience with 480 three phase systems, 240/120 volt DC and 480, 240 and 120 volt AC systems, be familiar with rectifiers, switchboards, motors and starters, both AC and DC from fractional horsepower to 50 horsepower.
The SS Red Oak Victory is a 403(c)b non-profit run entirely by volunteers like you! We are a ship with a past and a future! The mission of the SS Red Oak Victory is to relay the stories of those who built her, navigated her, her missions and to promote and develop her relevance to Richmond, the State of California and the Unites States and the world today. Our goals are to build and sustain a strong base of returning visitors, a supporting infrastructure of volunteers and an active location for education and community. Please see our website www.redoakvictory.us a nd our Facebook page.
Interested historic ships, the history of Richmond and the Kaiser shipyards, military history from WW II, Rosie the Riveter, the Merchant Marine, the Korean War, Vietnam, or all things nautical?
We have a WWII Victory ship in need of engaging and informative people to bring her history to life! Help a determined group of volunteers restore a historic ship for generations to come!
The SS Red Oak Vicory is open to the public on weekends and two days during the week (Tuesday and Thursday) from 10:00 am until 4:00 pm. The environment is casual and the hours are flexible.
If you want to know more about this volunteer opportunity, please contact me by phone or email at the address below. Please contact email@example.com.
Looking forward to volunteering with you!
- System Engineering
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Docent on the SS Red Oak Victory
- Information Technology Technician
- Welder on a historic ship!
- Help your community history...
- Public Programs Volunteer
- Help us keep our Museum beautiful!
- Please draw/paint an image of...
- Painter on the SS Red Oak Victory!
- Carpenter for Local History Museum
- Pancake Breakfast Lead on the SS...
- Volunteer Recruiting On The SS...
- Deck Department On The SS Red...
- Electrician on SS Red Oak Victory
- Greeter on SS Red Oak Victory
- Help our community museum...
- Rose Garden Crew
- Retail Lead
- Steward on SS Red Oak Victory
- Event Coordinator on the SS Red...
- Local History Museum Marketing...