- Conduct in-depth research on funding possibilities for programs and initiatives.
- Assist with development of program specific grant proposals
- Perform grant writing, grant management, funding opportunity research, resource research
- Assist with fundraising and analyzing strategic plans
- Assist with planning and implementation of fundraising events
- Research donor prospects and granting organizations and distribute marketing materials.
- Research possible grantees - organizations we can fund and partner with to further our initiatives of alleviating poverty
- Other duties may include assisting with capital campaigns and general public relations.
- Communication via emails, newsletters, and social media
- Assist with community outreach, including building relationships with professionals, updating the client information and referral database, and helping with presentations in the community
Skills Gained Include:
- Learning successful grant-writing techniques and gaining development cooperation.
- Learning about how a non-profit secures funding
- Provide an inside look at the day to day operations of a non-profit as well as the strategic decision making inherent in the responsibilities of a non-profit founder
- Making connections with business leaders in the community
- Increasing communication skills - written and oral.
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 20-24 hours/week