Volunteer Position: CROSO Board Member
Term of Service: 3 years, renewable
Accountable To: CROSO Board President and CROSO Executive Director
CROSO’s Mission: CROSO is dedicated to making possible the transformation of Ugandan communities by providing post-secondary education scholarships to former street children.
Participate in all 4 annual CROSO board meetings.
- Board meetings are held in the Chicago area and members are expected to participate in person or via phone.
- We understand that emergencies happen and important family functions (weddings, etc.) get scheduled without checking everyone’s calendars.
- However, if more than one meeting is missed in a calendar year, that board member will be removed from the board for the following year.
Actively participate on at least one committee. Current committees include Annual Benefit, Development, Finance, Marketing and Scholar Support.
- Participate in at least 75% of those meetings either in person or via phone.
- If the board member cannot be present for the committee meeting, a conversation with the chair of that committee will need to be scheduled for it to count as participation.
- Share with others that you are involved in this work. (This can include friends, family, colleagues, announcements to your alumni chapters, etc.)
- When opportunities arise, help network on behalf of CROSO.
Fill at least one table at the annual benefit each year.
- This obligation can be met through the board member purchasing the table ($700-750 per table) and inviting guests for free or getting nine individuals to purchase their own seats at your table.
- If it is not possible for the board member to fill a table, then he/she must be a member of the annual benefit event committee.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Business Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Varies by committee, but 1-5 hours per month.