The Brownwood Library would like to continue to develop our relationship with the local schools through participating in school events and festivals. These are usually in the evenings. Schools have special events that they invite students and their families to (family literacy night, etc.).
You would be trained on the basics of what the library offers. Then, when the schools have a festival and as you are able, you will bring library supplies and flyers to the event, set up the booth, and tell people about the library. We do have prizes to draw people to the booth. We are also open for ideas from creative people in making the booth more interesting.
This is a new outreach for the library. As we get volunteers interested in participating, we will continue to develop our contacts with the schools and we hope that the number of opportunities will grow.
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Library Sciences
- Youth Services
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- "Book a Genealogist" Volunteer
- Baby Storytime Facilitator
- Computer class teachers needed!
- Like to be in the spotlight?...
- Love to shop? Shop for homebound...
- Scan and upload genealogy files...
- Use your video skills to share...
- DVD/CD polisher
- Research and online selling...
- Do you love gardening? We're...
- Love children and the library?...
- Needle Leaders needed for Yarn...
- Therapy Dogs wanted for Library...