Coach with Girls on the Run!
17 people are interested
Coach is a great name for You! Sign up today so you may attend our required coach training prior to the start of the season! Coach Training sessions take place on March 2nd, March 9th and March 12th (must attend 1 session). Our spring season starts the week of March 18th and ends Saturday June 1st with our Girls on the Run 5K event.
Girls on the Run teams are led by volunteer coaches. Coaches teach 3rd - 5th grade girls life skills through dynamic, interactive lessons and running games.
During our 10 week season, coaches lead team practices 2x/week. Practices are 90 minutes long and are generally held after school hours. Coaches deliver a well laid out, easy to follow curriculum designed to be user friendly. We train coaches through our National Coach Training to build relationships, create positive inclusive environments and to focus on girls’ efforts and growth. We embrace coaches from all backgrounds, regardless of prior coaching or running experience. We welcome enthusiastic, dedicated and positive volunteers who are committed to empowering girls with valuable life lessons.
Running is used to inspire and motivate girls, encourage lifelong health and fitness, and build confidence through accomplishment. Important social, psychological, and physical skills and abilities are developed and reinforced throughout the program. At each season's conclusion, the girls and their running buddies complete a celebratory 5K running event which gives them a tangible sense of achievement as well as a framework for setting and achieving life goals.
- Believe in the inherent power within every girl
- Desire to help girls learn, grow & have fun
- Serve as a role model to girls
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must consent to and complete a background check
- Attend coach training (1 hour online and 4 hours in-person)
- Works with co-coaches to lead girls through the curriculum as intended
- Is present and prepared for practice (2x per week for a 10 week season)
- Participates in the Girls on the Run celebratory 5K event
- Do not need to be runners or athletes
Learn more at our website: https://www.girlsontherunscwi.org/Coach
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
Schools & Community Centers in South Central WIMadison, WI 53705
- Child Development
- Teaching / Instruction
- Sports Coaching
- Youth Services
- Life Coaching
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Attend practices and 5K (2x/week for 10 weeks)
- Desire to help girls learn, grow & have fun.