Coach is a great name for You!
Girls on the Run teams are led by volunteer coaches. Coaches teach 3rd - 5th graders life skills through dynamic, interactive lessons and running games. The curriculum includes three parts: understanding ourselves, valuing relationships and teamwork and understanding how we connect with and shape the world at large.
During our 10 week season participants meet with volunteer coaches for 2 practices per week. Practices are 90 minutes each and are held after school. Coaches deliver a well laid out, easy to follow curriculum designed to be user friendly. We train coaches through our National Coach Training to build relationships, create positive inclusive environments and to focus on girls’ efforts and growth. We embrace coaches from all backgrounds, regardless of prior coaching or running experience. We welcome enthusiastic, dedicated and positive volunteers who are committed to empowering girls with valuable life lessons.
Running is used to inspire and motivate girls, encourage lifelong health and fitness, and build confidence through accomplishment. Important social, psychological, and physical skills and abilities are developed and reinforced throughout the program. At each season's conclusion, the girls and their running buddies complete a celebratory 5K running event which gives them a tangible sense of achievement as well as a framework for setting and achieving life goals.
- Believe in the inherent power within every girl
- Desire to help girls learn, grow & have fun
- Serve as a role model to girls
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must consent to and complete a background check
- Attend coach training (1 hour online and 4 hours in-person)
- Works with co-coaches to lead girls through the curriculum as intended
- Is present and prepared for practice (2x per week for a 10 week season)
- Participates in the Girls on the Run celebratory 5K event
- Do not have to be runners or athletes
- Can be from within or beyond site community
Learn more at our website: https://www.girlsontherunscwi.org/Coach
- Child Development
- Teaching / Instruction
- Sports Coaching
- Youth Services
- Life Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Attend practices and 5K (2x/week for 10 weeks)
- Desire to help girls learn, grow & have fun.