Help more babies have safe sleep options - Crib Checkers needed!
DONATE TO THIS
5 people are interested
Join the growing volunteer team at WestSide Baby as a Crib Checker! This specially trained position is essential to ensure that all donated cribs have the necessary parts, hardware and appropriate instruction manuals, making them safe for distribution to families served by WestSide Baby.
- Check each incoming, donated crib for any recalls in the CPSC database
- Print appropriate instruction manuals for cribs donated without them
- Fully assemble each crib while following the instructions, ensuring that we have all necessary parts and hardware.
- Disassemble and prepare each crib for distribution
- Enjoys working with hands and assembling things
- Interest or intuition of "how things work"
- Enjoys working independently and working from start to finish
- Ability to use basic tools
- Ability to lift and move up to 25 lbs at a time
About WestSide Baby
10002 14TH AVE SW, SEATTLE, WA 98146, US
WestSide Baby is the only social service agency in the West King County area that collects, inspects and distributes free diapers, clothing, cribs and safety gear for babies and children. We keep children safe, warm, and dry. Our Beginnings Donna Pierce started WestSide Baby in 2001 because, she says, "I was one stressed-out, freaked-out new mom, even though I didn’t have to worry about having enough money to feed, clothe, and diaper my babies. I couldn’t stand imagining the level of stress felt by new moms with low incomes, no incomes, no healthcare, no home. WestSide Baby had to be born." Our Mission WestSide Baby, in partnership with our community, provides essential items to local children in need by collecting and distributing diapers, clothing, and equipment. We work toward a day when all babies and young children in our community have their basic physical needs met.
We are volunteer-driven.
In 2017, we had 2,300 volunteers who gave over 22,000 hours. Our volunteers help us in so many ways:
- Organize diaper and item drives
- Sort donations
- Fill orders requested by agencies for families
- Inspect cribs, car seats, and other equipment
- Support our events
- ...and so much more!
We work with local social service agencies already assisting low-income families. Agencies order items from us and deliver them to families who are homeless, living in transitional housing, or simply in need of a little help during a difficult time.
Since opening in 2001, we have distributed over $19.5 million in clothing, diapers, safety equipment and other items to nearly 279,000 children.
In 2016, we served nearly 46,000 children and distributed:
- 1,000 car seats
- 1.425 million diapers
- 7,000 bags of clothing
We'll work with your schedule.
10002 14th Ave SWSeattle, WA 98146
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 hours per week - flexible once trained