Enjoy having access to fresh, California-grown fruits and veggies? Love the community at your local farmers’ market? Want to learn more about local and sustainable agriculture and help others to learn more about it too?
Get involved at the Vallejo every Saturdays, from 9:00am-2:00pm!
In order to better serve the communities we work in, PCFMA is seeking volunteers to assist with activities such as:
- Providing a positive and friendly presence at PCFMA’s info booth at the market
- Providing shoppers with information about upcoming events and what’s new at the market
- Processing CalFresh EBT (food stamps), so that recipients are able to purchase fresh, healthy food
- Processing other types of market money
- Conducting customer surveys
- Helping with special events such as fresh produce samplings, kids’ activities and interactive learning games
- Assisting the market manager with other tasks as necessary
We are seeking outgoing, friendly, passionate volunteers who care about supporting local food systems and can provide excellent customer service.
For a full listing of PCFMA’s farmers’ markets, visit http://www.pcfma.org/visit/markets.
Pacific Coast Farmers’ Market Association (PCFMA) has been championing the Bay Area local food movement since 1988. PCFMA runs 60 weekly certified farmers' markets in more than 30 Bay Area communities, providing an economic outlet for Northern California family farms. PCFMA partners closely our sister organization, Fresh Approach, a non-profit committed to increasing food access and food & nutrition knowledge for low-income Bay Area communities.
- Event Design & Planning
- Food Service
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training