** Location still TBD, but will be in Arlington, Texas **
** Times also TBD, but will be a two-part, all day event **
We aim to have a special event every year in order to reach out to teens, young adults, and families in the community that can benefit from our services and curriculum! This event is a TEEN SUMMIT and features special guests that are musical artists and motivational speakers. Last year, our event featured special guests like Darius McCrary (of the TV show Family Matters), rapper Skii Ventura, motivational speaker Cora Jakes Coleman, and teen entrepreneur Essynce Moore!
Part 1 of this event will be during school hours, so our students will be coming by bus to attend. They will receive lunch and will participate in a service-learning project.
Part 2 of this event will occur after school hours in the evening, a few hours after Part 1. Programming will be the same, however, it will be open to the whole community!
We need smiling faces to help with the following tasks:
- Greeter: Welcome our guests, sign them in, give out name tags.
- Photographer: Take photos and videos during the event.
- Monitor: We expect to have police officers on site to assist with security, but would like extra helpers to ensure students stay in designated areas, know where to go, treat each other well, and stay quiet when speakers are presenting.
- Facilitator: Assist students during breakout sessions - they will receive a prompt and will work together in small groups to solve a hypothetical problem in their community, and learn about service-learning.
- Lunch: Help serve food to our day-time students.
- Other/behind the scenes: Help set-up/break-down sound and video equipment, run last minute errands, green room attendant, set-up before event, clean up after event, etc.
No experience required!
When applying, be sure to let us know WHEN you can volunteer: 1) morning-afternoon, 2) afternoon-evening, 3) all day
Also be sure to let us know WHAT position you prefer. If no preference, no worries! We'll put you where you're most needed.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum 5 hours on event day