More than 5,000 area students tour Elmwood Cemetery each year. These tours are led by volunteer docents who love history. Volunteers are given training and reference materials to study. Volunteers are also invited to participate in a variety of special events happening at Elmwood.
Volunteers should met the following requirements:
- You should be able to stand and walk for two hours at a time
- Tours take place on weekdays, usually in the morning. Availability during those hours is suggested
- You should be able to walk on uneven terrain
- You should be tolerant of varying weather conditions
- You should be able to speak clearly and loudly and be willing to use a provided headset-style microphone device to project your voice
Training times are flexible. Contact Kelly Sowell at email@example.com or (901)774-3212 with any questions.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Times vary. Tours usually last about 2 hours.