If you are flexible and willing to lend a hand wherever you are needed most, this is the position for you!
Helping Hand Volunteers provide assistance at a variety of Museum events and on our busiest days which tend to be on weekends, holidays, and school breaks. Examples of events include: Free Sunday, fundraising/donor events, members-only events, and community events. Helping Hand Volunteers create playful experiences for kids and their adult caregivers, provide customer service, and complete assignments that are important to every event’s success. They assist staff members and ensure that all visitors have a positive and memorable experience.
Specific tasks and assignments will vary based on the event/day. Some examples of responsibilities include:
- Assist staff with capacity management tasks such as checking in members, maintaining visitor counts, and tracking data. Assist with monitoring galleries for capacity management.
- Greet and welcome visitors in the lobby using props and toys.
- Engage visitors in fun, playful experiences. Facilitate play and other activities as assigned.
- Provide exceptional customer service when interacting with guests.
- Convey a welcoming, positive and enthusiastic attitude to all visitors through verbal and non-verbal communication.
This is a great position if you like to help at a variety of events and want to get involved but can't commit to a regular schedule. After orientation, you can sign up for volunteer shifts whenever your schedule allows!
Interested? Contact Volunteer Services at 651-225-6046 or email@example.com.
Complete our adult volunteer application: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?AP=2001712070&OR=1
- Child Care
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Sign up for shifts whenever your schedule allows!
- Background Check and Orientation required before you can begin volunteering.