Helping Hand Volunteer
12 people are interested
If you are flexible and willing to lend a hand wherever you are needed most, this is the position for you! Helping Hand Volunteers provide assistance at a variety of Museum events and on our busiest days which tend to be on weekends, holidays, and school breaks. Examples of events include: Free Sunday, fundraising/donor events, members-only events, and community events. Helping Hand Volunteers create playful experiences for kids and their adult caregivers, provide customer service, and assist with time-sensitive or high-need tasks.What this role involves:
- Welcome visitors with warmth and friendliness and provide exceptional customer service
- Greet visitors in the lobby and assist with checking in members
- Provide extra support in high-traffic areas of the museum, helping to manage capacity
- Assist with supply prep
- Assist performers and artists in special programming
- Encourage visitors to follow Museum policies and procedures
- Assist staff with off-site community events by playing with event participants at the MCM booth and provide information about the museum
Helping Hand volunteers provide assistance during our busiest days and help to ensure that all visitors have a positive and memorable experience. They fulfill critical needs and complete assignments that are important to every event/busy day’s success.Who are we looking for?
We are looking for people who are passionate about working with young children and their adult caregivers, and who are interested in assisting with fun educational activities that MCM offers. This role is best for people who are looking to make a short-term commitment or who can’t commit to a regular volunteer shift. It’s also a good fit for people who like to help with specific tasks and see the immediate impact of their work.
The following skills are especially beneficial for this role:
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to tolerate loud, busy, or crowded situations
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Interested? Contact Volunteer Services at 651-225-6046 or email@example.com.
Complete our adult volunteer application: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?AP=2001712070&OR=1
We'll work with your schedule.
10 West 7th StreetSaint Paul, MN 55102
- Child Care
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Sign up for shifts whenever your schedule allows!
- Background Check and Orientation required before you can begin volunteering.