Not just amazing, but glorious, unplanned, open-ended, child directed exploration happens when we make, create & tinker in The Studio. The Studio fosters creativity, curiosity, and imagination through arts and maker activities using real tools.
Studio Assistant volunteers will assist visitors with informal creative arts, STEM/Maker, and sensory activities in the Studio. Upcoming activities include paper arts, mosaic, circuitry, sewing, robotics, and more! We provide the supplies, and visitors use their creativity to make whatever they would like.
Studio Assistants will:
- Greet visitors as they enter the Studio
- Help visitors get started with the activity, and interact with children and adults as they participate in the activity.
- Provide exceptional customer service while interacting with visitors.
- Use developmentally appropriate terms, phrases, and concepts when interacting with children.
- Convey a welcoming, positive and enthusiastic attitude to all visitors through verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Set up, monitor and clean up any supplies, props and materials used.
Volunteers should have an interest in creative expression and a love of art/STEM and creativity. This position requires a commitment of 1 shift per week for a minimum of 4 months. Morning and afternoon shifts will be available every day.
Interested? Contact Volunteer Services at 651-225-6046 or email@example.com
Complete our adult volunteer application: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?AP=2001712070&OR=1
- Child Development
- People Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 shift per week for a minimum of 4 months