Not just amazing, but glorious, unplanned, open-ended, child directed exploration happens when we make, create & tinker in The Studio. The Studio fosters creativity, curiosity, and imagination through arts and maker activities using real tools.
Studio Assistant volunteers will assist visitors with informal creative arts, STEM/Maker, and sensory activities in the Studio. Upcoming activities include paper arts, mosaic, circuitry, sewing, robotics, and more!
Studio Assistants will:
- Greet visitors as they enter the Studio
- Help visitors get started with the activity, and interact with children and adults as they participate in the activity.
- Provide exceptional customer service while interacting with visitors.
- Use developmentally appropriate terms, phrases, and concepts when interacting with children.
- Convey a welcoming, positive and enthusiastic attitude to all visitors through verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Set up, monitor and clean up any supplies, props and materials used.
Volunteers should have an interest in creative expression and a love of art/STEM and creativity. Previous experience within these areas is a plus, but not required! We'll provide all the training you need to be successful.
This position requires a commitment of 1 shift per week for a minimum of 4 months. Morning and afternoon shifts will be available every day.
Interested? Contact Volunteer Services at 651-225-6046 or email@example.com
Complete our adult volunteer application: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?AP=2001712070&OR=1
- Child Development
- People Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 shift per week for a minimum of 4 months