Volunteer Event Planner
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where141 Franklin StreetStamfordStamford, CT 06901
Point of Contact
Phone: (203) 939-3011
Come join a dynamic team of professionals committed to prevent child abuse in Southern CT. The Exchange Club focuses on crisis intervention in the effort to break the cycle of child abuse while preserving the family unit. Our mission is to stop or prevent the cycle of child abuse or neglect in families by modeling nurturing parenting practices. The Center is AAA accredited nationally by the National Exchange Club Foundation for highest achievement and best practices.
Since its founding, The Exchange Club Parenting Skills Center has helped over 10,000 children and their families, and case studies show a greater than 85% success rate among families served"
Volunteer Event Planner: Job Description and Duties
Special Events Volunteers perform a variety of tasks including planning and implementing events both in the Exchange Club Headquarters and in the community, such as holiday parties, ceremonies, annual receptions, family fun days, nature walks, food banks, clothing banks, health education events, healthy lifestyles event, job search coaching, etc.
- The Event Planner must have strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with internal staff, Board of Directors and community partners
- Ability to manage projects from start to finish for both one day events (mini events) and projects with longer timelines
- Continuously identify/create new strategic community events with civic and corporate partners
- Work closely with the Volunteer Coordinator and other volunteer teammates to identify outreach opportunities and partners that may agree to host a special event
- Flexible, 3 or more hours a week. May require more while planning and implementing projects and events
- Location of work may be partially on site at the Exchange Club Headquarters but may also require off site work within the greater Stamford and Fairfield County community
- Car would be helpful. Reimbursement is available for travel related to the position
- Possess good verbal and communication skills and have a passion for interacting with people
- Must be creative and flexible to pique the interest and meet the needs of the communities served
- Project planning and community outreach experience are a plus
- Good organizational skills and some computer proficiencies would be very helpful (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Social Media)
All interested parties must fill out an application. Candidates must provide references and allow a background check to be performed by the agency. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Donor Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 3 hours a week or more when planning events