Global Potential (GP) is a non-profit organization founded in 2007. We provides urban youth from low-income communities with the skills and perspective that enable them to effect positive change in their lives, communities, and the global community, through engagement in leadership training, social entrepreneurship, international cultural exchange and service learning.
GP vision is that as youth develop, communities develop.
This position is responsible for coordinating providing support to youth participants on their projects by ensuring that deadlines are met. This position will also be responsible for managing Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, youtube channel and media festival submissions, cultivating partnerships with other youth media organizations, and help to identify funding opportunities.
Responsibilities/ QUALIFICATIONS (Who we are looking for)
- Helping to facilitate media workshops to our youth participants
- Documenting GP workshops and activities
- Working in collaboration with other media program staff, including media curator and video editors.
- Managing and developing social media like: Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, GP's youtube channel
- Cultivating our relationships with current and potential media partners, such as Adobe, Tribeca Institute, Reel Works, Manhattan Neighborhood Network, and others
- Skills in Adobe, Final Cut a plus
- Child Development
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 hours per week
- 6 month commitment