1.Assists students with homework and project needs by actively listening and having an open-ended discussion. Reviews homework assignments and provides constructive feedback.
2. Assists students in developing skills in a variety of school subjects and creating a culture of higher learning.
3. Discusses and teaches effective study skills as in, organizing homework, proofreading, using study guides, taking notes from a textbook, and more.
4. Shows students how to use the Library as a tool for research and homework needs.
5. Refers students to Library staff who request assistance on researching Library databases and finding various Library materials within the Library.
6. Shares knowledge and experiences on certain subject matters.
If you are interested in this opporutnity please apply at http://www.daytonmetrolibrary.org/about-us/volunteer. For questions contact Dave Hicks
Below is a list of opporutnities
- Thursday March 30 th - 3:30 - 4:30pm
- Monday April 3 rd - 3:30 - 4:30pm
- Thursday April 6 th - 3:30 - 4:30pm
- Monday April 10 th - 3:30 - 4:30pm
- Thursday April 13 th - 3:30 - 4:30pm
- Monday April 17 th - 3:30 - 4:30pm
- Thursday April 20 th - 3:30 - 4:30pm
- Monday September 11 th - 3:30pm
- Monday September 18 th - 3:30pm
- Monday September 25 th - 3:30pm
- Monday October 2 nd - 3:30pm
- Monday October 9 th - 3:30pm
- Monday October 16 th - 3:30pm
- Monday October 23 rd - 3:30pm
- Monday October 30 th - 3:30pm
- Monday November 6 th - 3:30pm
- Monday November 13 th - 3:30pm
- Monday November 20 th - 3:30pm
- Monday November 27 th - 3:30pm
- Monday December 4 th - 3:30pm
- Monday December 11 th - 3:30pm
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Shifts typically last for an hour and a half