SOS is seeking a volunteer to help with the operations and event management for our volunteer events and fundraisers.Job Description
The Operations and Events Coordinator is responsible for helping to build the capacity of SOS's outreach, communications and fundraising efforts to increase the awareness and impact of SOS's programs and services in San Antonio.
The ideal candidate will exhibit strong leadership, creativity and innovation that thrive while working in a dynamic and ambiguous environment. Our goal is for SOS to become the leader and premier provider of youth education through service and travel.Qualifications
- Previous Work Experience: 3-5 years of marketing, fundraising experience, Non-profit experience highly preferred.
- Education Requirements: College degree required, ideally a Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, fund development, non-profit management, marketing, communications or related field.
- Computer Proficiencies: Ability to use a computer in order to effectively perform job duties including word processing, graphic design, research, and budgeting. Strong knowledge of Word, Excel and ability to work within various databases and familiarity in working with Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, Mailchimp.
- Demonstrated experience in both designing and writing copy for marketing materials used for a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, production and administration of fundraising events.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating and managing fundraising campaigns (workplace giving, annual, etc.).
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain information to diverse groups
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work enthusiastically within constantly changing priorities.
- Competent in learning and adapting to various software and database programs.
- Positive attitude and high energy toward change; it is essential to maintain clear, open and honest communication with the Executive Director and Board of Directors, staff, volunteers and donors.
- Understanding of the nature and purpose of SOS and the respective roles of volunteers and staff.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to promote an open, honest, inclusive, enjoyable work environment.
- Effective conflict resolution skills.
- Must have good interpersonal and communications skills and be sensitive, adaptable, and professional and articulate when dealing with others.
- Ability to attend trainings, meetings and events as required even if scheduled outside normal working or regular scheduled hours.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- approximately 10 hours per week, possibly more.