Join the Walk to End Alzheimer’s Greater Atlanta Planning Committee!
We all have a reason to end Alzheimer's - join us and help us put a stop to the nation's sixth-leading cause of death.
Are you passionate about putting an end to Alzheimer’s disease? Do you want to get more involved with the Alzheimer’s Association and the Walk to End Alzheimer’s? Then we need you! In order to grow the Walk to End Alzheimer’s, we must continue to enlist and empower more volunteers to help us extend our reach.
2016 Walk to End Alzheimer’s Greater Atlanta accomplishments
- #18 Walk in the Nation (623 Total Walks)
- #5 Top Individual in the Nation, Aimee McMillen ($62,395)
- #7 Top Team in the Nation, RCG Ventures ($124,519)
- Thanks to our 347 teams and over 3,500 participants, we ended the 2016 season with over $684,000 raised to serve families in Georgia and fund the much needed research to end this devastating disease!
- Recruit 420 teams to raise $800,000 to advance the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer’s Association (r).
- Expand the Planning Committee & Advisory Board to reach additional members of the community who are looking for meaningful volunteer opportunities.
- Increase the size and scope of each subcommittee so more can be accomplished throughout the year.
What we ask of you
- Join the committee and choose a subcommittee that best fits your skills and interests: Openings are available on Team Recruitment, Team Retention, or Sponsorship.
- Participate in monthly sub-committee meetings. Meeting formats are determined by committee chair and vary depending on need.
- Start or join a Walk to End Alzheimer’s team at act.alz.org/GreaterAtlanta, raise awareness and funds, and join us on Walk day to help us create an exceptional day-of-event experience for our participants.
Ready to join the Planning Committee?
Contact: Ashlie Ming Garland at (404) 728-6058 or email@example.com
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 1 hour monthly