URBAN FARM VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! GROUPS OR INDIVIDUALS!
Are you interested in food justice, food access, and healthy, fresh foods? FNC, a non-profit social service agency that has been in operation for 111 years, operates 3 urban farms in Philadelphia! We use these farms to grow fresh vegetables, herbs, fruits, and berries for distribution to some of Philadelphia’s poorest neighborhoods.
WE NEED YOUR HELP! With limited staff, it is difficult to maintain the farms during the preparation time for the growing season all the way through the end of the growing season.
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS WHO . . .
- Want to volunteer on a regular basis on one or more of our farms . . .
- Want to volunteer occasionally, but not on a regular basis, on one or more of our farms . . .
- Groups who want to have a volunteer day working on the farms . . .
- Groups who want to volunteer on a regular basis on the farms!
WHAT ARE THE TASKS?
We have volunteer paths that are more physically demanding, some that are low to moderately physically demanding and, some that are not at all physically demanding . . . pick a path or mix it up!
- Weeding (by hand and with hand tools)
- Farm Bed Preparation
- Compost Turning
- Grass Cutting
- Weed-Eater Trimming
- Trash Pick-Up (a big problem in urban areas)
- Seeding Transplant trays
- Up-Potting (moving from small plug trays to bigger pots)
- Social Media
- Community Meal Prep and Delivery Assistance
- Helping Us Promote the Farms
Interested? Please complete our VOLUNTEER QUESTIONNAIRE at this link:
One of our volunteer coordinators will reach out to you shortly!
If you want to VOLUNTEER AS A GROUP, please complete our GROUP VOLUNTEER QUESTIONNAIRE at this link:
Great fun, great exercise, great people! Come and join us!
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Time commitment is up to the individual or group!
- Opportunities are varied from not at all physically demanding, physically demanding