The Genealogy and Local History Library is a great resource for researchers both near and far. Volunteers and employees from the library and Pecan Valley Genealogical Society have created many excellent resources to use as a starting point for researching the materials available at the library.
While we don't have the resources right now to put vast amounts of historical data on the library's website, we can scan these index documents and put them on the website.
This will help people from far away decide if the Genealogy Library may have resources of value to them and come visit.
This position involves:
1. Picking pre-selected material up at the Genealogy Library and bringing it to the main library.
2. Scanning paperwork using the main library's scanner. This may involve removing paperwork from plastic sleeves. It definitely involves keeping them well organized.
3. Returning material to the Genealogy Library.
4. Upload these to the library's website.
Some computer knowledge is helpful, but the website builder is fairly simple and we will train on how to use it.
- Data Entry
- Website Project Management
- Web Design
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- "Book a Genealogist" Volunteer
- Baby Storytime Facilitator
- Computer class teachers needed!
- Love to shop? Shop for homebound...
- Scan and upload genealogy files...
- Use your video skills to share...
- Help people discover the...
- Use YouTube to help people...
- DVD/CD polisher
- iPad expert needed!
- Research and online selling...
- Do you love gardening? We're...
- Love children and the library?...
- Photographer (shoot from any...
- Needle Leaders needed for Yarn...
- Therapy Dogs wanted for Library...