If you’re passionate about positively impacting the lives of young children and making a difference in the world of early childhood education, consider joining The Child and Family Network Centers (CFNC) as the Executive Intern for our award winning preschool program for low-income families. An Alexandria based nonprofit, CFNC provides caring, high-quality, free early education and related services to at-risk children and their families in their own neighborhoods in order to prepare them for success in school and life. The Executive Intern provides support for the Executive Director in an effort to support the entire organization including the fundraising and programming departments. This is a great opportunity for current college students and recent graduates.
Responsibilities Could Include:
- Conducting in-depth research on funding possibilities for programs and initiatives.
- Assisting with development of program specific grant proposals
- Performing grant writing, grant management, funding opportunity research, and resource research
- Working with Executive Director, assisting with fundraising, producing events, analyzing strategic plans
- Assisting with planning and implementation of fundraising events
- Examples of duties are researching donor prospects and granting organizations, attending strategic meetings, helping to plan benefits, and creating marketing materials.
- Review CFNC current data and outcomes and prepare reports.
- Assist CFNC clients with registering for preschool
- Organize teachers supplies and help development staff get donated supplies
- Directly supporting the Executive Director with everyday nonprofit duties
- Prepare packets for board members
- Research for strategic plan
- Other various administrative tasks
Skills Gained Include:
- Learning successful fundraising techniques.
- Learning about how a non-profit secures funding
- Provides an inside look at the day to day operations of a non-profit as well as the strategic decision making inherent in the responsibilities of an Executive Director.
- Making connections with business leaders in the community
- Increasing communication skills- written and oral.
- Technical Skills- Word, Excel, etc
- Good organization skills
- Commitment to Non-Profits and purpose of organization
- Ability to work independently
- Good written and verbal communication
- Positive attitude
- Dependable and punctual team player
- Ability to work with the public in a professional manner
Hours: Internship lasts 14 weeks (10 weeks in the summer) and requires a commitment to work a minimum of sixteen hours weekly (days and hours are flexible).
Position reports directly to the Executive Director
- Data Entry
- Executive Admin
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Minimum of 16 hours per week
- Cora Kelly Rec Center needs...
- Communications Intern (Fall -...
- Wheeler Needs Support in our...
- Valentine's Day Classroom Parties
- WordPress Expert Needed
- Chirilagua needs Support in our...
- Social Work Intern
- Development Intern (Fall -...
- Arlandria Needs Support in our...
- Special Events Intern (Fall -...
- Cora Kelly School needs Support...
- Seeking Members for Young...
- Executive Intern (Summer - Fall...