Community Warehouse is Portland's only nonprofit furniture bank. We receive donations of gently used furniture and household items, and redistribute them to neighbors in need in our community.
To support our mission, Community Warehouse operates two Estate Stores. Our stores are open to the public, so you can shop and support, too! You’ll find great deals on inventory that is ever-changing -antique, vintage, retro household goods, furnishings and more-and you’ll leave knowing your purchase will help furnish homes for local families.
Working in the Estate Store involves general retail and customer service skills:
- Greeting the public and providing excellent customer service
- Explaining the mission of the organization to all customers
- Processing sales transactions
- Displaying merchandise
- Maintaining store cleanliness
- Maintaining knowledge of store procedures (holds, deliveries, donation policy, etc)
Tualatin Estate Store hours are Mon-Fri 10am-4pm and Sat-Sun 10:30am-4pm. Volunteer shifts are Mon-Fri 10am-1pm or 1pm-4pm, and Sat-Sun 10:30am-1pm or 1pm-4pm.
We have an additional Estate Store in our Portland location! Portland Estate Store hours are Mon-Fri 11am-6pm and Sat-Sun 10:30am-4pm. Volunteer shifts are Mon-Fri 11am-2pm or 2pm-5pm (or until 6pm optional), and Sat-Sun 10:30am-1pm or 1pm-4pm.
Visit www.communitywarehouse.org for more information!
- People Skills
- Retail / Sales
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum once per month, 3-4 hours
- Ideally minimum six month commitment