Community Warehouse is Portland's only nonprofit furniture bank. We receive donations of gently used furniture and household items, and redistribute them to neighbors in need in our community.
To support our mission, Community Warehouse operates two Estate Stores. Our stores are open to the public, so you can shop and support, too! You’ll find great deals on inventory that is ever-changing -antique, vintage, retro household goods, furnishings and more-and you’ll leave knowing your purchase will help furnish homes for local families.
Working in the Estate Store involves general retail and customer service skills:
- Greeting the public and providing excellent customer service
- Explaining the mission of the organization to all customers
- Processing sales transactions
- Displaying merchandise
- Maintaining store cleanliness
- Maintaining knowledge of store procedures (holds, deliveries, donation policy, etc)
Tualatin Estate Store hours are Mon-Fri 10am-4pm and Sat-Sun 10:30am-4pm. Volunteers are most needed in Tualatin on weekends!
We have an additional Estate Store location in Portland! Portland Estate Store hours are Mon-Fri 11am-6pm and Sat-Sun 10:30am-4pm.Volunteers are most needed in Portland Mon-Fri 2:30pm-6pm and weekends!
Visit www.communitywarehouse.org for more information!
- People Skills
- Retail / Sales
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum once per month, 3-4 hours
- Ideally minimum six month commitment