Outreach to Domestic Violence Shelters and Groups
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
We run a program to help victims of domestic violence escape their abusive situation. To do this, we provide information, resources, and tools to individuals, shelters, and advocacy groups. Some of the things we provide are:
- Secure thumb drives pre-loaded with a different operating system, so the person won't get caught searching for shelters or communicating with their support system (it happens a lot)
- Security plans for both public and hidden shelters
- Security guidance and upgrade packages
- Awareness material
- And more
Everything we do is free for those that need it. We don't charge them for anything we create. We don't charge them to send things to them. We don't want anything except to help the people leave their situation.
We need help to get the word out, especially to the shelters and advocacy groups. If nothing else, we at least want to be able to give them a copy of the security plan(s) and let them use anything from it that they need. We need help reaching out to those groups and hopefully making their jobs easier.
About Operation: Safe Escape
By some reports, 85% of domestic violence homicides occur after the victim has decided to leave their abuser. This is a dangerous time, and fortunately many resources exist to keep them safe.
What's missing, unfortunately, is the security layer. That is, how to properly apply Operations Security (OPSEC) to hide the victim's intent to leave. That would keep a lot of people safe and help reduce that number.
Operation: Safe Escape teaches shelters and victims how to identify the behaviors and actions that would tip off the abuser to the fact that they're trying to leave and help reduce the risk until they're safely away.
The Operations Security Professional's Association (OSPA) is a 501c3 non-profit organization that provides security awareness and training to a diverse audience that includes schools, government / military, domestic violence centers, private sector entities and more.
- Resource Development / Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Customer Acquisition
- Relationship Building
- Business Development
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Online course developer...
- Article writers needed for...
- Help draft a law in Maryland to...
- Wanted: Domestic Violence...
- Online Course Developers Needed
- Course developers needed:...
- Outreach to Domestic Violence...
- Create a web-accessible...
- Fundraisers needed! Help us...
- Domestic Violence Outreach to...