Walk more, walk together, and be happy.
Our Walking Ambassadors lead fun weekly walks in their community, inspiring people to walk more and promoting all the benefits of walking. PEDS helps you design walking routes in your neighborhood, trains you on how to lead successful walks, and helps you promote your walking events.
What does it take to be an Ambassador?
- Love of walking!
- Desire to help grow the Walking Ambassador program and share its mission.
- Good communication skills.
- Sensitive, non-judgmental, and understanding of different peoples’ abilities, cultures, paces, and perspectives.
- Open to advocating and educating about creating walkable communities.
Your Duties as a Walking Ambassador:
- Commit to a regular walk schedule(Once a week preferred, not less than once a month)
- Make the safety of your walkers a priority.
- Create and promote your walk. We can assist you with this.
- Photograph the walk or have a volunteer take photos for you.
- Be a source of information on the benefits of walking.
Our current needs and wants!
- In particular, people wanting to lead walks in the South, Southwest, and West neighborhoods of the Atlanta Metro
- People willing to lead evening and weekend walks
- Bi-lingual walk ambassadors
Learn more: http://peds.org/50-walks/
- Outdoor Recreation
- People Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Lead two walks per month