A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization based in New York City. Our focus is to provide children, ages 4-18 who are patients or survivors of juvenile cancer, the opportunity to explore their artistic passions and give them the strength to fight their disease. We believe that artistic expression is critical for healing! A Free Bird supports children affected by cancer in their exploration of art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and any other artistic passion they may have.
After a very incredible and successful year, we are seeking a highly skilled Marketing volunteer who can commit 5-10 hours per week for minimum of 3 months. Position is non-paid but can apply for school internship credit.
- Assist with daily project management of digital and traditional marketing, working with Marketing Coordinator on strategy, analytics and logistics
- Coordinate the working document to track projects cross-departmentally
- Assist in Managing timelines for e-appeals, campaigns, cultivations and optimizations (such as donor pages, homepage and confirmations);
- Assist with Managing timelines for vetting of direct mail pieces for six different appeals monthly;
- Assist with coordinating the Integrated Marketing Calendar of all fundraising and cultivation activities;
- Liaison with the Programs, Graphic Design/Web, Fundraising and PR departments
- Draft marketing copy for brochures, posters, presentations and other organizational collateral;
- Coordinate with the Graphic Design and Web department with copy for creative projects;
- Performing other responsibilities as may be required.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with ability to produce polished and compelling copy on tight deadlines
- Creativity in tapping and cultivating mainstream media and social networking communities
- A positive, energetic and proactive multi-tasker who can work independently or very collaboratively, as part of a team
- Ability to work effectively, efficiently, diplomatically and calmly in a high-pressure environment on issues that are often complex and politically sensitive
- Strong listener, with a high degree of professionalism and flexibility, including the ability to prioritize and effectively manage assignments in a timely fashion
- Marketing Analytics
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Sales Marketing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Volunteer Magazine Editor ASAP...
- Volunteer Director of Development
- VP of HR
- Volunteer CPA
- Graphic Designer for NonProfit
- VP of Marketing
- Package Assembler Volunteer
- Fundraising Assistant
- Children Programs Coordinator
- Piano Tutor for Child Fighting...
- Development Director
- Administration Volunteer
- Administrative Assistant
- Marketing Assistant
- Costume Designer for TV Show
- Director of Development
- Volunteer Producer!
- Volunteer Talented Guitar Tutor
- Volunteer Artist Manager
- PR Social Media Coordinator