This position is intended to provide qualified interns with opportunities to learn through experience about many aspects of operations in a nonprofit organization. In this role, the intern will have the opportunity to apply and refine his/her skills related to program support, IT problem-solving, logistics and coordination of office processes/procedures, event planning and other office management functions.
- Assisting the Operations Manager with office management and IT issues
- Providing the Operations Manager with event and meeting support
- Assisting the Operations Manager with support of the Board of Directors
- Carrying out administrative support tasks such as making phone calls, copying, and filing
- Other duties as assigned
- May be asked occasionally to support our student program in Dekalb County Schools.
- Ability Completed coursework in Business Administration, Nonprofit Management, Human Resource Management or a related field
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of various ethnic backgrounds in written and oral form
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Keen attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and internet applications
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to be flexible in a high-paced environment
- High-level of maturity, and ability to maintain confidentiality while working with sensitive information
- Self-starter with the ability to work under a minimal level of supervision
- Previous experience working in multicultural and nonprofit organizations desired
Credentials: Current or recent enrollee in a graduate or undergraduate degree program with an interest and aptitude to work in Operations or non-profit management/administrative fields
TO APPLY: Interested candidates may submit their application, resume and cover letter to Akheia Bowie at firstname.lastname@example.org, no phone calls please. This is a non-paid internship. Students may receive credit.
- Office Management
- IT Help Desk
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 15-20 hours per week
- Elementary Program Intern
- Vocational Counseling Intern
- Nonprofit Management Intern
- Mentors for Vocational...
- Resettlement Intern
- Immigration Intern
- Operations Intern
- Development Intern
- Communications and Marketing...
- Matching Grant/Financial...
- HR Intern
- Middle School Program Intern
- Apartment Set-Up
- Careers Services Intern
- Finance Intern
- Social Media Intern
- English at Home Tutors