This position is intended to provide qualified interns with opportunities to learn through experience about key aspects of nonprofit fundraising through grant-writing, donation database management, and donor cultivation. This position offers two intern pathways:
- Position offers a donor cultivation track with some grant-writing and research with a small amount of donation database management.
- Position focuses on Salesforce databasemanagement, learning donation reporting infrastructure, and a small amount of grant-writing assistance.
- Assist in writing grants, researching grant materials, and cultivating grant opportunities
- Data entry in donor database
- Learning and assisting in Salesforce reporting process.
- Drafting and mailing donor acknowledgement letters
- Maintain up-to-date information in grants tracker
- Draft emails, communications and correspondence
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, and filing
- Work on special projects for Development and/or Marketing & Communications Directors
- Conduct donor prospect research and compile reports
- May be asked to occasionally substitute as a rotating member for our student program with Dekalb County Schools
- Strong organization skills; the ability to multitask and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems and literary mistakes.
- Basic computer skills (MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Submit to criminal background check
- Sensitivity to cultural, ethnic and religious diversity
- Must be comfortable working in a multicultural setting
- Interest in working in a nonprofit organization, and interest in the refugee community.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 15-20 hours per week
- Elementary Program Intern
- Vocational Counseling Intern
- Nonprofit Management Intern
- Mentors for Vocational...
- Resettlement Intern
- Immigration Intern
- Operations Intern
- Development Intern
- Communications and Marketing...
- Matching Grant/Financial...
- HR Intern
- Middle School Program Intern
- Apartment Set-Up
- Careers Services Intern
- Finance Intern
- Social Media Intern
- English at Home Tutors