Yellow Springs Home, Inc. is seeking an AmeriCorps VISTA for the 2017-2018 service year!
Help lead Yellow Springs Home, Inc. into the future of sustainability programs and affordable housing development as part of a community-wide effort to reduce poverty, empower residents, and address climate change.
Build capacity while being mentored in grant writing, research, social impact measuring, outreach, storytelling, affordable housing development, and more.
The successful candidate will: enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment; be passionate about social justice, climate, and housing issues; be self-motivated, reliable, flexible, hard working, extremely organized, and attentive to detail; enjoy critical thinking; and effectively communicate with people of diverse backgrounds.
The position is a great opportunity to make a difference in a dedicated, grassroots agency, learn leadership skills, be an ambassador for community development, learn transferable skills, and contribute to a powerful mission in a wonderful community.
The VISTA position with Yellow Springs Home, Inc. will focus on four areas of program expansion and development:
1. Assist with affordable housing projects and activities, with an emphasis on replicable demonstration projects to address climate change locally.
2. Provide leadership for developing energy efficiency programs, partnerships, outreach, resources, and events to empower low-income households.
3. Build capacity to measure, track, publicize, and report on the social impact of community development and energy efficiency projects and programs.
4. Research partnerships, resources, and initiatives to support capacity building in economic development for households of low income.
Program Benefits :
Living Allowance, Childcare assistance if eligible, Training, Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend, Relocation Allowance, Health Coverage
Service Areas :
Community Outreach, Housing, Neighborhood Revitalization, Community and Economic Development
General Skills, Fund raising/Grant Writing, Leadership, Public Speaking, Computers/Technology, Communications, Writing/Editing
If you are interested in applying or know of someone who might be interested please visit www.yshome.org/americorps or register on https://my.americorps.gov, and search listings for "Yellow Springs Home"
For more information contact our office at 937-767-2790 or email@example.com.
- Data Entry
- Grant Writing / Research
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 40 hrs/wk