The Plus One Foundation serves children and adults with neurological disorders. We provide grants for services and activities that aide on the path of rehabilitation, but are rarely covered by insurance. We fund art and music therapy, aquatic therapy, therapeutic horseback riding, martial arts, yoga, tai chi, etc.
We mobilizes resources to inspire hope and enrich the lives of those affected by neurological conditions and educate the community about related issues.
Volunteering with Plus One Foundation helps individuals establish connections in the community and serve as leaders; our nonprofit encourages our board members to discover and build on their talents while sharing their knowledge with other volunteers; we also encourages collaboration and creativity within the board to ensure we grow and expand our innovative aspirations. Partnering with Plus One also helps individuals by providing meaningful opportunities for them to accomplish physical and emotional development in their lives. As Plus One lays the foundation for the next 10 years, we are seeking outstanding board members to help pioneer our impact in Seattle.
- Know and evaluate the organization’s mission, purposes, goals, policies, programs, services, strengths, and needs.
- Serve in leadership positions and undertake special assignments willingly and enthusiastically.
- Bring goodwill and a sense of humor to the board’s deliberations.
- Enhance the organization’s public standing.
- Support the organization’s financial health through your personal commitment and by supporting fundraising activities.
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Group Facilitation
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Monthly meetings and volunteer projects
- we ask for 4-9 hours/month, depending on what you're excited to do for PlusOne