The Teen Programs intern supports our Conservation Youth Team (CYT) program. The CYT volunteer program helps students develop important job and life skills, build self-confidence, and earn community service hours. The intern will gain an understanding of the needs required for managing an intensive summer volunteer program for teens. The intern will assist with training, youth development, and general supervision during the summer program. The intern may also assist with field trips to other local institutions throughout the summer. The internship is unpaid, but there are many other benefits that will afford interns a valuable experience in conservation and teen programs management.
- Prepare materials for one-week training and daily activities
- Assist with part or all of one-week summer training (June 26-30)
- Develop and lead team building activities for teens
- Assist in supervision of teens on-grounds
- Help teens gain confidence in public speaking and conservation
- Assist with field trips to other local institutions
- Be a current undergraduate or graduate student
- Be available for at least a three month commitment
- Be able to make at least a 240 hour commitment
- Occasional evenings and weekends required
- Have reliable transportation to and from the Virginia Zoo in Norfolk, VA
Email your resume, cover letter, and transcript (unofficial is acceptable) to
Kristine.Kastenbaum@norfolk.gov or fax to 747-441-5408.
Applications for summer are due April 15th, 2017.
- Public Speaking
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- At least a 3 month and 240 hour commitment.
- Current undergraduate or graduate student