The Teen Programs intern supports our Conservation Youth Team (CYT) program. The CYT volunteer program helps students develop important job and life skills, build self-confidence, and earn community service hours. The intern will gain an understanding of the needs required for managing a year-round volunteer program for teens. The intern will assist with training, scheduling, day-to-day operations, and general supervision. The internship is unpaid, but there are many other benefits that will afford interns a valuable experience in conservation and teen programs management.
- Assist in supervision of teens on-grounds
- Prepare quarterly newsletter with zoo updates for teens
- Assist with preparation for and supervision of CYT snooze in September
- Develop program and schedule for quarterly CYT meeting
- Brainstorm new ways to improve year-round program engagement
- Help teens gain confidence in public speaking and conservation
- Be a current undergraduate or graduate student
- Be available for at least a three month commitment
- Be able to make at least a 160 hour commitment
- Occasional evenings and weekends required
- Have reliable transportation to and from the Virginia Zoo in Norfolk, VA
Email your resume, cover letter, and transcript (unofficial is acceptable) to Kristine.Kastenbaum@norfolk.gov or fax to 747-441-5408.
Applications for fall are due September 1 st, 2017.
- Public Speaking
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- At least a 3 month and 240 hour commitment.
- Current undergraduate or graduate student