To act as a personal assistant to a medical provider, performing documentation of information collected during a patient medical encounter in an EHR, for the purpose of delivering efficient patient care.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accompanies the medical provider during patient interviews and exams.
- Performs accurate, detailed, and timely documentation in the EHR.
- Facilitates the ordering of medications, diagnostics, and referral under the supervision of the provider.
- Presents completed documentation to the provider for their review, the provider being ultimately responsible for the documentation.
- Assists with the training of newly hired scribes.
- Does not participate in patient care and refers all patient care requests to the responsible provider or nursing staff.
- The ability to integrate one’s faith within a faith-based community clinic and provide medical care that includes the spiritual care of our patients.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- ATHENA training completion.
Working conditions and physical demands
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to focus on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Ability to exert up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, stressful, and dynamic environment.
- Ability to move around the building.
- Exposure to heat and air conditioning.
- Exposure to repetitive noise.
- Exposure to ill people.
- Ability to listen critically and understand clearly.
Asking that each volunteer to commit to once a month for a year.
Go to http://genesiscommunityhealth.com/volunteer-app/ and print off and fill out a volunteer application.
Return it with a copy of any medical related licences you have and e mail it to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Devon Van Kleek Volunteer Corrdinator (208) 854-3935
- Basic Computer Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training