22 people are interested
Clinic Medical Scribe
ORGANIZATION: Genesis Community Health
Please visit the new page to apply.
22 people are interested
To act as a personal assistant to a medical provider, performing documentation of information collected during a patient medical encounter in an EHR, for the purpose of delivering efficient patient care.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accompanies the medical provider during patient interviews and exams.
- Performs accurate, detailed, and timely documentation in the EHR.
- Facilitates the ordering of medications, diagnostics, and referral under the supervision of the provider.
- Presents completed documentation to the provider for their review, the provider being ultimately responsible for the documentation.
- Assists with the training of newly hired scribes.
- Does not participate in patient care and refers all patient care requests to the responsible provider or nursing staff.
- The ability to work within a faith-based community clinic and provide medical care for our patients.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- ATHENA training completion.
Working conditions and physical demands
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to focus on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Ability to exert up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, stressful, and dynamic environment.
- Ability to move around the building.
- Exposure to heat and air conditioning.
- Exposure to repetitive noise.
- Exposure to ill people.
- Ability to listen critically and understand clearly.
Asking that each volunteer to commit to once a month for a year.
Go to http://genesiscommunityhealth.com/volunteer-app/ fill out a volunteer application.
For questions email Rita@genesisch.org or call (208) 854-3935
8 More opportunities with Genesis Community Health
About Genesis Community Health
215 W. 35th St, Garden City, ID 83714, US
34,000 low-income uninsured Treasure Valley neighbors can't afford healthcare. At Genesis, you can provide them with free medical, dental, and mental health care as an expression of the love of Jesus Christ.
We provide transitional primary health care along with social and spiritual support to low-income, uninsured individuals in Idaho's Treasure Valley, as an expression of the love of Jesus Christ.
The Genesis Community Clinics: a medical home providing medication assistance and basic dental, mental health, and primary care to lower-income, uninsured people in the Treasure Valley, at two locations (Garden City and Caldwell).
The Volunteer Physicians Network: works to improve the overall health of lower-income, uninsured patients by increasing charitable access and coordination of specialty care and spreading it out among the Treasure Valley physician community.
We inspire our local community, patients, volunteers, governments, and other organizations to work together collaboratively towards community health.
215 W. 35th StGarden City, ID 83714
April 17, 2023
- Basic Computer Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training