Volunteers in the exhibits department contribute their time and artistic expertise in the design and production of exhibits within the museum. Our in-house exhibit personnel look for volunteers with fine arts, woodworking, sculpting, painting, digital media or animation backgrounds to help create engaging exhibits for the museum.
Some of the tasks that you may be involved as a volunteer are
- Creating and building of exhibit furniture, kiosks and exhibit environments.
- Maintaining and improving exhibits.
- Developing exhibit graphics
- Creating scale models for use in exhibit development and within exhibits.
- Creating animations and digital media for use in exhibits.
- Applicants must be over the age of 18
- Available during some hours from Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 4 PM, no weekends, no holidays.
- Backgrounds in fine arts, woodworking, sculpting, painting, digital media or animation are preferred.
- Exhibition Arts
- Visual Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- At the availability of the volunteer.
- A portfolio with artistic samples will be requested.