The Brownwood Library seeks to sell occasional donated items and older items in storage. Some of these are a simple matter of placing it on Amazon. Others may require a bit more research and experience. (For example, we have old bound copies of National Geographic. From our limited research, depending on which issues and how they were bound, they may be worth a bit of money, or may not be worth the effort of listing.)
Facets of this position include:
* Research of items for sale
* Taking digital pictures and uploading them
* Creating accurate listing with enticing product descriptions
* Listing it in the most appropriate place (ebay, amazon, craigslist, etc.)
* Cleaning items, testing for functionality, judging condition of item
Ideally, we would like someone who could keep up with sold listings and get them in the mail, but this is not necessary. Just getting them ready to list and listing them would be a huge help.
Required skills: Computer literacy is required . Experience with online selling mediums (eBay, Amazon, etc.) is essential.
- Literacy / Reading
- Sales Process
- Internet Research
- Sales Marketing
- Retail / Sales
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- "Book a Genealogist" Volunteer
- Baby Storytime Facilitator
- Computer class teachers needed!
- Love to shop? Shop for homebound...
- Scan and upload genealogy files...
- Use your video skills to share...
- Help people discover the...
- Use YouTube to help people...
- DVD/CD polisher
- iPad expert needed!
- Research and online selling...
- Do you love gardening? We're...
- Love children and the library?...
- Photographer (shoot from any...
- Needle Leaders needed for Yarn...
- Therapy Dogs wanted for Library...