The Grant Writer is responsible for preparing grant proposals, beginning by performing research. To develop their proposals, this person will need to familiarize themselves with the organization's programs, goals and financial needs. They also look into potential funding sources. After compiling all the information they need, grant writers compose and send their proposals, along with tracking proposals through submission process.
TIME COMMITMENT: 6+ hours per week
- Develop and write grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasive communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders.
- Assemble and submit grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets and presentations.
- Maintain calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports.
- Conduct prospect research.
- Manage supplemental material required for proposals.
- Provide writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgments.
- Work with Finance to gather information necessary to report to Founders/Board Members on current grant programs.
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested.
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Strong contributor in team environments.
- Knowledge of Grant Hub and Grant Station beneficial.
About Steven’s Hope:
Steven’s Hope provides families of seriously ill or injured children with housing, emotional support, and other essential needs during and after a child’s treatment. Please visit or website at www.stevenshope.org for more information.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Grant Writing / Research
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 6+ hour per week
- Team player
- Social Media Coordinator
- Children’s Boutique – Immediate...
- Committee Members
- Office Volunteer
- Volunteer Services Team Member
- Marketing Team
- Grant Writer
- Special Events & Projects team...
- Financial Analyst
- Sponsorship Team Member
- The Children's Boutique - Rancho...
- Team Fundraising Sites Coordinator
- Administrative Assistant To...
- Board Member/Associate Board...
- Administrative Assistant