Angel Foundation's Camp Angel is a 3-day, therapeutic summer day camp for children ages 5-18 whose parent or caregiver has or has had cancer. This camp experience blends the "serious and the silly", providing campers with the opportunity to learn and talk about cancer while enjoying traditional camp activities.
Camp Angel volunteers are divided into two groups: Angel Pals and Circle Leaders. Circle leaders are responsible for leading therapeutic activities and dialogues (training and curriculum provided) while Angel Pals lead the fun, camp activities (organized games, etc.) Each volunteer is assigned to an age group (children, pre-teens and teens) and stays with their assigned group for all three days. Volunteers MUST be able to commit to all three days of camp to be eligible for this opportunity.
1. Must submit Angel Foundation Volunteer Application
2. Must attend an Angel Foundation General Volunteer Training Session (various dates and times)
3. Must attend Camp Angel Volunteer Training Session (Monday, August 7 from 5:30-7 pm)
We are committed to offering comprehensive training to all of our volunteers - no prior experience necessary, no certifications required. If you have a desire to work with kids in a fun, outdoor setting, this may be a good fit for you!
- Child Development
- Child Care
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Youth Services
- Family Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-day camp, 8am-4pm all three days
- See "Opportunity Description"