About The Fishing School: Founded in 1990 by former DC police officer Tom Lewis, The Fishing School (TFS) is a youth development organization serving youth and their families in under-served communities of Washington, D.C. TFS operates academic-focused out-of-school time programs for over 300 students each year. In addition, the organization uses its Parent Support Center to help parents and guardians acquire the skills needed to support the development of their child. For more information, please visit www.fishingschool.org.
TFS seeks an individual to assist the Operations Department with managing its office systems and supporting its business functions. The Operations Intern assists the Director of Operations with developing and implementing core operations initiatives to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement organizational systems for efficiency
- Assist operations department with coordination and implementation of office operations (managing vendor relations, conducting inventory, ordering supplies, serving as first point of contact for the organization, facilitating meeting coordination and set up)
- Facilitate human resources processes (recruitment, reference and background checks, assistance with on-boarding and orientation)
- Complete special projects at the request of the Director of Operations
- College credit eligible
The successful candidate is an energetic self-starter who possesses strong planning, organizational, communication and time management skills. He or she is proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter outlining their interest in the position, a current resume, and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Fishing School will not consider incomplete applications. No phone calls please.
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible: M-F 9:00am - 5:00pm