The Chicagoland MUN Club is a nonprofit (501(c)(3)) organization that educates high school and middle school students in leadership, public speaking, negotiation, international issues and professional skills through its programs.
Our programs include:
· The Northern Illinois Model United Nations Conference
· A Model UN Conference summer camp
· Skills-building weekly training sessions in preparation for national and international
model UN conferences. CMC members have won various awards at national and
international Model UN conferences
With a 7 year history, we have organised 6 successful Northern Illinois Model United Nations Conferences (http://www.nimunweb.com/w/). The 6th annual conference was held November 16, 2016 at the Chicago History Museum.
Invitation to Apply as a Board Member or Advisor
CMC is undergoing an exciting time of growth. We have one open seat on our Board of 5
professionals and 5 students, and we encourage you to consider applying if:
· You value the educational and social benefits of a Model United Nations Club - you will
play a pivotal role in shaping the careers of future U.S. and international leaders.
· You are motivated to promoting the benefits of educating students in leadership,
professional skills, international issues and politics.
· You are interested in mentoring Teens to run a non-profit.
· You have the time, energy and desire (5-10 hours per month) to serve on an active
· You are a professional with expertise in strategy or fundraising.
CMC is also looking for Advisors to the Board who may not fit the above criteria but is able to contribute to the organization.
Role of the Board and Advisors
In 2017, board members and professional advisors will be involved in one of the following
· Provide direction and strategy to steer CMC through this next growth phase, including
reviewing and refining a long-term plan;
· Building a public relations and marketing strategy;
· Reviewing and refining a fundraising strategy;
· Provide governance, fundraising and other guidance; or
· Provide accounting, legal and project management support.
The Board meets monthly but also utilizes online tools to communicate extensively between meetings. Some members may also choose to meet in-person or via call-in between our monthly Board Meetings.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Minimum 5 hours per month