Bar Night Leader for International Travelers on Wednesday or Sunday Nights
8 people are interested
Pub Crawl Leader
Overview: Every Wednesday and Sunday we host pub crawls with a strong participation rate (usually 20-30 people, even more in the summer). The group goes to 4 bars/pubs located walking distance from the hostel. We are looking for fun, yet responsible, people to host our pub crawls and give our guests a great experience in Santa Monica. The goal is to provide an opportunity for hostel guests to get to know one another and have intercultural exchange in a fun environment.
Must be 21+. **We do not charge our guests to attend, they pay for their own drinks/food during the night
If interested, please complete the Become a Volunteer form and the Online Orientation here: https://www.hiusavolunteers.org/
Our Mission is to "help all, especially the young, gain a greater understanding of the world and its people through hostelling."
The benefits of volunteering with HI USA include:
- Meet new people from all over the world, including travelers, staff, and fellow volunteers
- Work to increase understanding and tolerance by helping people break down cultural barriers
- Help travelers to the community have a great travel experience
- Build skills in public speaking, foreign languages and intercultural communication
- Participate in fun appreciation events for local volunteers
- Receive personal and professional development opportunities
- Earn HI USA membership and dorm overnights at HI USA hostels
We do not offer work in exchange for accommodations at HI Santa Monica.
We'll work with your schedule.
1436 2nd StSanta Monica, CA 90401
- People Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Group Facilitation
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours
- Must love to have fun and socialize!