We are hoping to launch a Baby Storytime in the next year. If all goes as planned, we will have world-class training from Dr. Betsy Diamant-Cohen, creator of the Mother Goose on the Loose baby storytime program.
We are looking for 1-3 volunteers who would like to commit to attending the training (here in Brownwood) and commit to leading Baby Storytime for a session. We will likely have Baby Storytime once a week at a regular time (date and day to be determined). We need volunteers who can agree to leading Baby Storytime for a period of time (such as a 3-4 month block). This will allow families to get to know their storyteller without being a great strain on any one storyteller.
Baby storytime focuses on helping parents develop many of those early pre-literacy skills their children will need to thrive and succeed in school. It is both fun and a learning adventure.
Training and supplies will be provided! If you are interested in this opportunity, please let us know.
All volunteers will have a background check done.
- Child Development
- Child Care
- Library Sciences
- Reading / Writing
- Youth Services
- Family Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- "Book a Genealogist" Volunteer
- Baby Storytime Facilitator
- Computer class teachers needed!
- Love to shop? Shop for homebound...
- Scan and upload genealogy files...
- Use your video skills to share...
- DVD/CD polisher
- Research and online selling...
- Do you love gardening? We're...
- Love children and the library?...
- Needle Leaders needed for Yarn...
- Therapy Dogs wanted for Library...