- Three years
What does it mean to be a board member at Arco Iris?
- All school board members are responsible to participate in fundraising efforts and managing to the vision set for the school.
All our board members:
- Help set the vision for the school and manages to that vision.
- Help fundraise for the school and support school events.
- Provide support to the principal, supplier/contractor, or other school board members based on current needs.
- Provide documentation and feedback to fellow board members; when appropriate, provide recommendations and considerations.
Additional responsibilities for our development officer include:
- Preparing for and attending monthly Arco Iris board meetings.
- Attending other Arco Iris board meetings (e.g. special meetings, executive sessions), as needed and requested by the Board Chair.
- Attending school functions: winter program, spring performance, science fair, annual auction.
- Completing all school board training modules at http://www.boardtrainingmodules.org.
- Assisting in establishing, implementing, and maintaining the original mission, vision, and philosophy of the school.
- Participate in PTO monthly and officer meetings.
- Support appropriate fundraising committees (via the Parent Teacher Organization) and initiatives of the school through building relationships with community.
- Oversee and distribute grant requests to grant workgroup.
- Seek and ask for new gifts to the school, in coordination with the PTO.
- Work closely with the Principal to identify priority and organizational funding opportunities; delegate to PTO as needed.
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours/month