Background: The Salvation Army Family Thrift Store sells affordable clothing and furniture items. The Family Thrift Store operates Monday - Friday from 9am - 5pm, and Saturdays from 9am - 6pm. The Family Thrift Store accepts donations daily. Revenue generated from The Family Thrift Store funds the Social Service programs offered to the residents of Champaign County. The Salvation Army Family Thrift Store relies heavily on community support through volunteerism. Volunteers enable The Salvation Army to better serve the individuals that utilize our services.
- Assist with picking up clothing and other items that have fallen from their displays or have been moved from their intended location by shoppers.
- Assist in warehouse with sorting, hanging, organizing product, as directed by Thrift Store Manager.
- Assist with janitorial duties in to ensure cleanliness in all areas of The Family Thrift Store.
- Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner that fosters good relationships with program participants, coworkers and supervisors. This includes, but is not limited to, such actions as: conflict resolution; courteous treatment of staff, visitors and program participants; respect of other’s property and person; and communication to and about clients, co-workers and supervisors.
- People Skills
- Janitorial Maintenance
- Retail / Sales
- Professional Development
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hour time slots from 9am - 4:30pm
- Volunteers must wear closed toe shoes.