FRONT-DESK RECEPTIONIST VOLUNTEER DESCRIPTION
The position of Front Desk Receptionist serves as the receptionist for MCCOG Area Agency on Aging, supporting the organization’s mission of promoting the independence, dignity, and health of older adults and those who care for them.
The receptionist acts as the gateway for community members to receive needed services. The front-desk receptionist will: welcome visitors and answer incoming calls; provide outstanding customer service to all clients, visitors, staff, and volunteers; and respond to inquiries by providing information and directing visitors to appropriate resources.
The front-desk receptionist will work at the MCCOG main office at:
1113 Kelly Ave, The Dalles, OR.
Front-desk receptionist volunteers work under the direction of AAA Director. This position will also be supported by MCCOG AAA Volunteer Coordinator who will work to create an accommodating schedule, an orientation to the program and training opportunities.
Thursday afternoons and Friday 8:30am-5pm (committing to whole shift not neccessary).
- Greet visitors; determine nature of their visit and direct them to appropriate staff.
- Operate multi-line telephone system, receiving and directing incoming telephone calls, and taking messages.
- Provide telephone inquirers with general information concerning services and programs of the AAA.
- Performs general office activities including processing mail and photocopying/scanning/faxing documents.
- Receptionist or customer service experience preferred but not required.
- Computer, data entry, and typing skills preferred.
- Must be customer service and detail oriented.
- Must have the ability to:
- Follow oral and written directions; listen attentively; communicate in oral and written forms.
- Interact with a culturally diverse and senior population.
- Take clear, concise, and accurate messages.
- Ability to learn multi-line phone system and direct calls to appropriate staff.
- Must remain flexible to the needs of the staff, volunteers, and clients.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Become an ambassador for MCCOG Area Agency on Aging by learning about our various programs and working with clients to link them to appropriate services.
- Volunteer in a position that does not require strenuous physical activitiy.
- Learn basic office procedures and an opportunity to improve typing and computer skills.
- Receive ongoing training from MCCOG AAA.
- Meet different people, make friends, and gain self-confidence.
- After 30 hours of service, volunteers are eligible for a recognition certificate and reference letter.
- You will know the community better and have an opportunity to contribute to your community.
- You can work on resume modification, cover letters, and continue with your active job search.
- Get involved in the community by attending and volunteering for workshops and special events.
- Data Entry
- Office Reception
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-16 hours a week