Harlem RBI, an award winning youth development program, is seeking volunteer T-ball coaches to work with youth ages 5-7 in practices and games. Coaches teach T-ball and provide youth with opportunities to play, learn and grow; inspiring them to recognize their potential and realize their dreams. Each coach serves as a member of a small coaching staff. There are powerful rewards gained from the Harlem RBI coaching experience. Harlem RBI volunteer coaches can have a direct and noticeable impact on the positive development of the youth they coach. The ideal candidate is passionate about youth development, has experience working with youth, and can commit to attending six Saturday practices and games in July/August, as well as a one-day pre-season coaches training on June 25 th.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Guide a team of 16-18 youth through practices and games;
- Ensure youth safety on the field;
- Provide a fun and positive, team-based environment;
- Attend all practices and games on six Saturdays in July and August.
- Passionate about youth development;
- Understand the power of teamwork;
- Have the ability to create a positive, team-based environment focused on teaching T-ball;
- Organized, energetic and flexible;
- Skilled communicators;
- Experience in baseball/softball a plus;
- Able to commit to six Saturdays, in July and August;
- At least 18 years of age.
Coaches conduct practices and games for an hour and a half on six Saturday mornings or afternoons from 7/9/16 to 8/13/16. Coaches must be able to commit to attend all six Saturday coaching sessions during the summer, as well as the coach training day in June.
Harlem RBI provides equal opportunity for all volunteers.
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training