New American Pathways is a local 501(c)3 nonprofit that helps refugees from the moment of arrival in Georgia through their journey to citizenship. Our specially designed programs provide proven pathways for refugees and other immigrants to realize their full potential and dreams as they build new lives. Our comprehensive model is unique. We begin with resettlement services and offer steady guidance and advocacy for each family as they pursue jobs, education, cultural integration, individual and female empowerment, and whatever each person needs on their pathway to succeed. By matching peoples’ unique assets with opportunities in the community, we ensure that each new American we serve can succeed, strengthen the American workforce, and help Georgia thrive.General Description
This position is intended to provide qualified interns with opportunities to learn through experience about various aspects of processing immigration benefits. In this role, the intern will support the Immigration Services Staff with the paperwork and follow-up involved in applying for immigration benefits.Key Responsibilities
- Assists in maintaining paper and electronic files for immigration applications.
- Assists in completing documentation including but not limited to case notes, client and outside agency correspondence.
- Assists in contacting clients regardfing the processing od their immigration applications.
- Use various resources that may include internet and immigration regulations to complete departmental research.
- Completes other tasks assigned.
- Communication skills that include the ability to converse with people of various backgrounds and cultures; the ability to speak patiently and respectfully, remembering that many clients have limited knowledge of English language
- Ability to communicate with Spanish-speaking clients(preferred)
- Ability to express one’s thoughts clearly and succinctly through written word
- Ability to pay careful attention to detail in applications and written word
- Interest in and passion for the immigration process and service delivery at the client level
- Innovation and resourcefulness; the ability to maintain focus on the "big picture" while understanding the details required to support it.
TO APPLY: Interested candidates may submit their application, resume and cover letter to Mary Cash at email@example.com, no phone calls please. This is a non-paid internship. Students may receive credit.
- Data Entry
- Office Management
- Case Work / Management
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 15-20 hours/ week
- Bi-lingual, Multi-lingual
- Elementary Program Intern
- Vocational Counseling Intern
- Nonprofit Management Intern
- Mentors for Vocational...
- Resettlement Intern
- Immigration Intern
- Operations Intern
- Development Intern
- Communications and Marketing...
- Matching Grant/Financial...
- HR Intern
- Middle School Program Intern
- Apartment Set-Up
- Careers Services Intern
- Finance Intern
- Social Media Intern
- English at Home Tutors