Nurture Project International (NPI) is a US based, grassroots, non-profit organisation that believes every woman has a right to a safe and supported motherhood. NPI provides relief to communities affected by disaster, crisis, or trauma by engaging experienced and qualified volunteers to respond quickly to emergencies and provide rapid assessments, training, and grassroots support to local communities.
NPI requires a Security & Risk Manager to serve as the primary focal point for safety and security for all global projects. In addition, responsibilities include:
- Provide technical support to the field in the following areas:
- security/risk assessments;
- scenario planning, security plan development;
- crisis/contingency planning; and
- other security-related functions.
- Develop and update security plans, business continuity plans and crisis management plans, and policies and procedures, in accordance with best practices and ensure their implementation;
- Provide advice and counsel to management on matters relating to employee and property safety and security;
- Investigate all safety, security and risk management related issues;
- Develop and facilitate security and safety training online and in field offices;
- Conduct training needs assessment with key stakeholders resulting in increased safety, security and risk management capacity; and
- Monitor security conditions and liaise and coordinate with external agencies - private security contractors, UN, peacekeeping missions, NGO coordinating bodies, local governments, etc.
To be successful, the candidate must have the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Criminal Justice, or related area or ability to demonstrate a work-based equivalent;
- NGO security, military or law enforcement background;
- Strong knowledge of security management in complex environments;
- Experience working in conflict and post-conflict settings;
- Experience with Private Security Companies and Contractors;
- Experience conducting training for small groups;
- Comprehensive knowledge of regional security issues. (e.g. Europe and Middle East)
- Demonstrated understanding of complex emergencies, related security concerns and appropriate responses to such emergencies;
Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional communication skills for explaining complex security concerns, policies, protocols, and procedures to senior management, employees, consultants, volunteers and consistently apply them at all levels;
- Written and spoken fluency in English required; second language a plus; and
- Willingness to travel to post-conflict and high-risk environments as required.
- Disaster Response
- Law Enforcement
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Approximately 10 hours per week